Below are some answers to frequently asked questions about becoming a presenter.
If you have a question that is not found here please feel free to contact us.
- What is the cost?Much less than you would think considering how much you get! There is a one -time set up fee to secure your market, training, and initial supplies. After that there are no ongoing fees or royalties. You simply buy your supplies as you need them from us. Contact Brian for more specific details.
- What does a presenter get?You will receive a quick start manual with over 100 pages of valuable content, plus digital resources including training videos, promotional materials, pictures, and other content for your website . You get access to continued training including, emails, webinars, group discussions on Facebook and an annual live training. PLUS, you will also receive class materials you so you can start classes right away!
- Once I am a presenter, what will I do next?Once your license is approved you can start laying the groundwork for your first classes.
- Find out what successful programs in your area charge to determine what you can charge.
- Find places that are centrally located and easy-to-find to conduct your classes.
- Determine what format your classes will follow, and then pick the dates for your classes to take place.
- Use promotional material we will provide to let your community know about your upcoming classes.
- Begin taking deposits and making reservations for spaces in your class.
- How do I find a place to conduct classes in my community?As part of your training you will be given lots of ideas on where to conduct classes and how to promote them.
Most teach it as an after-school program during the school year and team up with camp programs during the summer. But there are lots of options and the program is flexible to fit all these options.
- How will I find my first class full of students?Most parents are actively looking for quality programs for their children. We will provide you with press releases and other marketing materials. Also, almost every community has an online presence that promotes local activities, so we\'ll help you arrange to have your classes come up any time a parent searches the local community for something to do.
Beyond those methods for getting the word out, there is your own performance power. Maybe offer a free workshop at a local Elementary School or the local Country Club or Sunday School groups. Also offer a substantial discount for your inaugural classes. – set the price at $245 and offer your first class a special $145 offer, for example.
- Can I have an exclusive market?Yes, you can. We want you to have every opportunity to succeed. We offer two types of license,
A minimum annual requirement of kits purchased in a year is required to secure an exclusive market. A market is defined as a county in the US.
- How will your website send students to my class?Once you become a Licensed Presenter of Discover Magic, you and your city will be listed on our site, along with a link for getting directly in touch with you regarding classes in your area.
Otherwise, your marketing materials should tell people how to contact you directly along with information about the website.
- What, exactly, should I be looking for in a class room?You will need enough space to spread your class out a bit at times, so if you plan on having 24 students, you will need more room than it would take to simply place 24 chairs there. There are times when students are spread around the room in pairs with some space between them, so make sure you have plenty of space. Tables are helpful but not mandatory. And do not forget locations with projectors and screens already accessible are ideal.
- What is the ideal class size?We recommend 12 to 20 students for an ideal learning environment.
However, if you should happen to end up with 40 or 50 students signing up for the same classes you can make it work with multiple teachers.
As far as minimums are concerned, each presenter might draw the line in a different place, but typically you would set a minimum of 6 kids for a class. You are also welcome to use Discover Magic materials to teach private lessons as well – as long as it is in your market (your assigned county).
- How soon can I get started?Right away - As soon as you receive your manual, you will want to give yourself enough time to read through the materials and plan on a month or two to get all your ducks in a row and to pick a good time and location for your class and give parents time to sign up. But in the end the time line is up to you – materials are ready to ship now!!!
Become a Presenter